Top Tens Tips For Perfect Bridal Prep Photo's
Updated: 11 hours ago
The morning of your wedding will be one of the best in your life. You’re surrounded by your best girlfriends, having your hair and makeup done, you’ve got a glass of Prosecco in your hand and in a few hours you’ll be marrying the love of your life. It doesn't get much better!
Bridal prep is one of my favourite parts of the day and all the excitement, love and laughter makes for some awesome photos. For all the brides-to-be out there I’ve put together a list of my top ten tips to help you get the very best out of this wonderful part of the day.
1.Hang your dress up ready for your photographer to capture. Chances are, by the end of the day the dress will be trashed. Make sure you get a decent shot of it before it gets ruined! A beautiful perhaps vintage or personalised hanger for the dress and bridesmaids dresses is an extra special touch that doesn't go unnoticed in the photos.
2. Have your accessories, wedding stationery and wedding perfume, shoes, jewellery etc ready to be captured. In years to come, these little things will jog memories and make you smile. Make sure you capture them.
3. Matching dressing gowns and/or pyjamas for you and your bride tribe are always really handy, practical and look super cute for photos. They are great for wearing while having hair and make up done as the dresses will go on last.
4. Get a bottle of bubbles to calm the nerves and share with your gang, or sparkling elderflower if you don’t drink. It’s always nice to have something to sip on and it looks great in photos in pretty glasses.
5. Invest in having your hair and makeup done professionally by an artist. Your makeup and hair will need to last all through a busy day and well into the night. You cannot beat having an expert finish on this and when you look back at your photos you will be so glad you did! Plus, on the day of the wedding you really won’t have time to do this yourself so save yourself the stress and have a professional do it for you. When having your makeup done, make sure to sit near a window for the best lighting.
6. Consider the location. If your house has limited space and you have lots of bridesmaids, consider booking a hotel or ask you venue if the have getting ready room- some have perfect prep rooms! Try and have a tidy room to get ready in as it really won't look good in the photos to seeing loads of clutter in the background of a shot so keep the room minimal and mess free.
7. Give yourself plenty of time and aim to be in your dress 30 mins before you need to leave for your ceremony so you aren’t rushed and flustered! It's great if you can take a moment in your dress and have some portraits taken and jus take in the moment where it all becomes so real before you head out of the door to get married! Always allow more time to get ready thank you think and when you have lots of Bridesmaids. The more bridesmaids you have, the more time you’ll need.
8.Giving thank you gifts or cards for your bridesmaids make for a lovely photo moment to share with them in the morning before the chaos of the day begins.
9. Create the perfect getting ready playlist and bring a mini speaker. Keep the tracks upbeat and fun for you and the gang to listen and dance to while you get ready.
Getting ready for your wedding is truly special and I hope you enjoy every second of it! If you would like me to be the one to capture your big day, please get in touch now to check availability.
BOOK ME TO BE YOUR ALTERNATIVE BEDFORDSHIRE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
If you’re looking for a wedding photography in Bedfordshire or anywhere in the UK I’d LOVE to hear from you. You can click HERE to inquire with me, you should have a reply from me within 24 hours.
If you’d like to keep up to date with my latest weddings & adventures as well as read tips and advice to help with your wedding planning make sure to check out my recent blog posts.